Wednesday, 22 April 2015

#Food, #Restaurant review

Corniche- A surprising delight

This place that is located on Carter road ( Bandra, Mumbai),  right next to CCD.
First of all the place gets direct brownie points for location! As I stepped in here for a meal with my friend, the ambience immediately brought a smile to my face.
Tables located around, with little candles on each of them. Even though it is not air-conditioned, there are fans all around. And for a few moments that you are there, you feel transported to another land.
Happy hours are till 8 p.m. The food menu is huge! I ended up ordering a risotto ( stringed roast lamb and saffron), which was quite delicious as far as risottos go. There was a piece of lamb in every bite. Although, it came accompanied with garlic bread, which on a personal note I found unnecessary.
The grilled chicken, scarmoza and pickled pepper risotto, ordered by my friend, was also quite mouth watering. To drink, I had a cosmopolitan, which was made well and quick. But after having one drink, especially with the kind of heat wave going on, you start feeling sweaty.
The desert, a course which I look forward to from the beginning, was however a disappointment. The creme brûlée was not warm, although it did have the crisp hard top, the taste needed some work on it. Also, the Molten chocolate pie with red wine caramel ice cream, did not ooze out deliciousness as expected.

Overall I would rate this place 4/5. It has a few kinks, but overall it leaves you with a good dining experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment