Monday, 6 April 2015

I am from this world

If you have traveled and lived in various cities or countries your whole life, here are few ups and downs you must have faced:✈️

1. Let's start with an UP- You get to see, live and experience different cultures. For those who are bitten by the travel bug, this is the perfect lifestyle!
2. A DOWN- 'The Outsider'. Have to shift schools every now and then, always the new girl/boy! Can get difficult to adjust sometimes, especially if the crowd is too 'into themselves'.
3. UP- There is an up side to the above point. While shifting schools often can be tough at the same time you end up making friends all around the world! Also, if you cannot stand someone, you get the option of going far away from them! 😜
4. DOWN- There is no one place you can call home. This is the most difficult part, especially when you get asked, where are you from? A little pang of sadness creeps in when you hear other people's stories of 'belonging' to one place.
5. UP- In answer to the above question, My favorite response is, 'I am from this world, and you?'

So maybe I am a little biased to shifting around, since I have personally done it most of my life. But the way I see it, the more you see, live and experience this world, the more you can feel a part of it!😁
Happy moving!!
-Trishna Damodar ©

No comments:

Post a Comment